Sunday 17 November 2013

...PLAYING OUT // VAMPIRE WEEKEND @ THE O2.

This week I hauled my ass down to London to spend some quality lady time with my beaut of a best, Laura, and the musical offerings of the amazing Vampire Weekend.

Babe.

Needless to say, the show was fantastic, playing all my favourites, new and old. Definitely missed Oxford Comma due to an ill-timed toilet break though - I was kicking myself! 

A beautiful floral backdrop made for visual treats too.
But apart from that little mishap, and also nearly missing it altogether because we were too busy sipping cocktails in the VIP Lounge(!), the gig was everything I'd hoped it would be. The O2 is a great venue, and really has everyone's food and drink needs met under one roof. It would even be a great destination just for a bite to eat or drinks out with the girls as it's also so easy to get to.


I'm so glad I've finally gotten round to seeing this cute foursome from New York play live. Between me and you, I have a bit of a crush on Ezra Koenig, even in the Top Gun-esque khaki jumpsuit he donned for the show!

Seriously, the tastiest cocktail in the world, ever.

I personally went for separates for the occasion, wearing my staple Autumn/Winter leather skinnies from Topshop, a grey oversized jumper from Marks & Spencer's menswear collection and my metallic pointed Kurt Geiger heels, which were a HUGE sale bargain a couple of years ago. All topped off with a small splattering of gold hardware flung around anywhere that is deemed appropriate.

I would definitely recommend catching them on their next tour if you're a fan.

Were any of you at the show too?

No comments:

Post a Comment