Monday 4 November 2013

...ELLE UK // DECEMBER 2013.


It's always a happy day when I arrive home from work to discover the new issue of Elle awaiting me. This particular day was even happier as my issue of Elle was not alone - the December issue comes with a cute sample of the Benefit Dandelion Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in tow - Get the full size tube here.


Now, I'm not usually a lip gloss kinda gal, but I am a lover of all things Benefit. With this in mind, I applied the age old Dr. Pepper proverb, 'What's the worst that can happen?!', and applied a small slick of this pearly pink gloss to my kissers.

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised! It wasn't sticky at all which is always my fear with gloss and why I tend to stay away from it - nobody looks good with half a head of hair sticking to their face. It has quite a silky feel when applied and even has a slight sweet scent. The colour is also very subtle, with the gloss being practically clear when on the lips, so personally, I wouldn't wear it alone but I might add it on top of my favourite nude or pink lipstick for a bit of shine over the festive period!
Onto the magazine itself. I LOVE my subscriber covers. Stripped bare of all distracting text, I much prefer the simplicity of the subscribers covers, leaving the shot, model and clothes to do the talking. This issue showcases the stunning Candice Swanepoel looking deliciously undone in Saint Laurent and ripped denim. I must say though, I wouldn't have minded the Limited Edition Michael Fassbender by David Bailey cover landing on my doormat...


What monthly do you come home to?

Taleesa x

No comments:

Post a Comment