Tuesday 19 November 2013

...MY FIRST GLOSSYBOX // NOVEMBER 2013



I'd been toying with the idea of a subscription beauty box for while, but was a bit unsure as to which one to commit to. I signed up to Latest In Beauty a while ago, who offer a non-subscription alternative, where you can build your own beauty box of luxury samples without commitment each month. They also offer limited edition boxes compiled by beauty world insiders, but I decided I wanted something a bit more regular, especially as I have now embarked on my adventure into blogging.

After looking at a few different options, I chose the original beauty box - Glossy Box.


First impressions had me more than a little excited and I couldn't wait to unwrap this little package of luxury. It feels like a real treat, lifting the lid, untying the cute pink ribbon - lovely touch by the way! - and taking that first peak inside.



 Yves Rocher France  
Hand Cream // www.yves-rocher.co.uk

You may have read my previous post about my holy grail product, Soap & Glory Hand Food, and know that I am yet to find anything that tops the dream cream for every day use, and I'm afraid, Yves Rocher, you are not the one to do so either. The main thing I disliked about this product was the scent. It smelt a bit cheap if I'm honest. I don't think I'll be putting this to use!


 Elegant Touch
Rapid Dry for Nails // Available at New Look, Superdrug and Boots

First things first, I am a self confessed nail addict, and I'm not ashamed to shout it from the roof tops. Friends mock me for spending hours at a time giving myself an at-home mani, but the reason it often takes so long is because of the time it takes for polish to dry (Ahem, Barry M - I'm looking at you.) So when I saw this ingenious creation staring me in the face it felt like all my Christmas's had come at once... Oh, how wrong I was. I tried it out that same evening and even on the most glossy of colours - Barry M's 'Navy' in fact - it seemed to take the shine out of the polish and give it a sort of scratchy looking finish. Super disappointed, but I will give it another shot - Everything deserves a second chance, right?


Vichy
Idealia Life Serum // www.boots.com 

Another product that put an ear to ear smile on my face, this beautifully silky serum has cult product written all over it. I'd used a small sample from Elle Magazine not so long ago, and couldn't wait to get this stuff on my face again - Even the scent smells like it's doing your skin good. I've been having a new foundation induced breakout this week, so my skin isn't at it's best, but after only 3 days of using this, the redness that plagues my cheeks on a regular basis had definitely subsided quite a bit. I don't think I'll be adding this to my regular routine as the £29.50 price tag is a little out of my budget, but if you can afford it, you should definitely indulge yourself. Your complexion will thank you later.


 Scholl
Dry Skin Exfoliator Skin Cream // www.boots.com 

So... Definitely not the most glamourous product in the box! But hey, lets be real here, beautiful shoes are only as pretty as the feet that are in them. That said, I am quite averse to feet - mine, yours, that womans on the PedEgg advert - and so, I haven't used this, and it will probably sit at the back of a drawer until the Summer rolls around again and I pluck up the courage to venture to the far end of my legs.


Emite Make Up
Micronized Eyeshadow - Dams // www.emitemakeup.com

This was the stand out product in the box for me - A beautiful, silky, shimmering neutral shade that applies like a dream. I've been using this daily since I discovered it nestled in the comfort of my Glossy Box and I will definitely be trying out this brands other shades in the future. It looks great worn alone for a subtle sheen and is perfect for use in the inner corners to brighten up a smoky eye. A big thumbs up from me!

Overall, I think the Glossy Box is great value for money (£10.00 per month plus £2.95 p+p - It is delivered by Hermes Couriers). There is always going to be a product or two that you may be disappointed by, but I like that it can introduce you to new brands that you may have otherwise never come across. 

I'd recommend a Glossy Box subscription, even if to just try it out for a couple of months - you can cancel your subscription at any time. 

Did you receive this months Glossy Box - What were your opinions of the products? Are there any other beauty boxes that you would recommend?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment