Sunday 15 December 2013

...DEBORAH LIPPMANN TRIO.

A few weeks ago I'd seen on Make Up Savvy blog that TK Maxx were offering up 3 Deborah Lippmann nail polishes for £15. This made my ears prick up and I headed over to my nearest store at the next given opportunity. 

Modern Love / Cleopatra In New York / Just Walk Away Renee

Well, lovely Fee over at the blog was not lying, and to add to my joy, they had actually been marked down further to just £12! Given that the classic polishes retail separately for £15 and the glitter polishes £17, I'd say that this purchase was somewhat of a no brainer.


Each shade is absolutely perfect for Autumn/Winter and the pack as a whole is a great mini collection offering up a creamy lilac-y grey nude in Modern Love, a deep and moody autumnal red in Just Walk Away Renee, and an essential Christmas gold glitter housed in a sheer black polish in Cleopatra In New York.


Each of the creamy shades is perfectly opaque and glossy in two coats, and applied over a shiny black polish (I used Avon Speed Dry+ in Rapid Black) the glitter shade, which holds various sized gold specks, applies evenly and can be built up to be as subtle or glitter heavy as you like.

I am not usually one to venture into the hectic rubble that is TK Maxx, but after discovering the gems hidden within their beauty department, I will definitely be visiting more often. They have a great selection of great brands (I've spotted Murad, Clarins and Leighton Denny too!) both online and in their stores, but the stock will differ between them so it's worth checking both.

Hunt down your beauty bargains here.

2 comments:

  1. The nail polishes look so amazing and the colours are absolutely fab! I am going to get these right away;
    Lovely blog! ♥

    Khadija xo
    http://www.alittle-shimmer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Khadija! I've been away for a while over Christmas but I'm going to posting more regularly again now so please keep checking back for future posts x

      Delete