Sunday 26 January 2014

...BUCK THE TREND.

MULES?! Seriously?!

Everywhere you look for SS14, fashion houses are offering up mules as the heeled footwear option of the season.
Alexander Wang - Image via Net-a-Porter

Seen on the feet of beauties gliding down the catwalks at Chloe, Altuzarra and Alexander Wang, to  name but a few, the immediate question that filled my mind was not 'When will they be mine?!' but rather, 'How the HELL can they walk so gracefully in those shoes?!'.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the beauty of the slick, minimal glossed offering from Wang, but any of that beauty would be overshadowed if I was to wear them by the awful, awkward scrunchy toe grab I would have to do in order to stop them falling off my feet while my heel flapped up and down due to the lack of support.

If my footwear choices this season are a toss up between this battle with physics or the humble flat, then I'm afraid this Summer I will be embracing my short stature and staying stylishly comfortable all season long.

What trends will you be avoiding this coming season?

X

1 comment:

  1. Great post, I think I will be avoiding this trend too .. x

    Rachael | www.overdosedemaquillage.com ♥

    ReplyDelete